GroUP Entertainment is proud to present Two Rooms Live. Two Rooms Live is a live musical celebration of some of the greatest songwriting partnerships in music history. Each show features a spectacular group of world-class musicians and performers and seeks to tell the stories behind the songs by these amazing writers...songwriting partnerships that have collaborated to create some music’s biggest hits. We can’t imagine music without them!
MEET THE CAST
- Alek Sekulovski Drums | Percussion Alek Sekulovski has been playing, teaching and recording drums for over 25 years. He holds a Master degree in Pop & Jazz drums. He studied with Ron Savage (Berklee College of Music) and Hristo Yotsov ( NMA) among others. He has recorder over 40 albums, played thousands of live concerts, as well as TV and theatre performances in the UK, Europe, USA, Turkey, Russia, Denmark, Italy, Austria, Germany, France, Switzerland, Holland, etc. Alek frequently appears on major music festivals around the world, like the Berlin Jazz Festival, the Skopje Jazz Festival, Istanbul Jazz Festival the Sziget Festival, Balkan Fever Festival and the Rio Loco Festival. He has performed at such established venues like Ronnie Scott Club, the Barbican Arts Centre, Moods Club, Porgy and Bess and Le Cargo, among others. Aleksandar has also played many live radio sessions (BBC Radio 1, and Jazz FM Skopje, […]
- Carol McCartney Lead Vocals | Backing Vocals | Keyboards Vibrant and dynamic, vocalist Carol McCartney was born and raised in North Toronto – in fact, in the Fall of 2013, the City of Toronto named a street after her “McCartney Street” located in the Weston area where she grew up. Carol’s impeccable vocals and finely tuned musicianship have made her a favourite among musicians and audiences alike. She has shared the stage with a virtual “Who’s Who” of jazz including Guido Basso, Bucky Pizzarelli, Slam Stewart and the late great Peter Appleyard, who Carol worked with as his singer for 30 years. (She was one of the top ten Canadian jazz vocalists to be featured on Mr. Appleyard’s last CD “Sophisticated Ladies” in 2013.) Other recordings that feature Carol include Chase Sanborn’s “Good to the Last Bop”, Bob Brough’s” Like a Spring Day” and popular jazz big band “Freeflight’s” JUNO […]
- Curtis Freeman Bass Guitar | Guitars | Backing Vocals Curtis is a busy ‘first call’ bassist/singer from Toronto, Canada. Originally from the small town of Espanola Ontario, he has travelled and performed in over forty countries, working with manty notable award winning pop, rock, country and jazz musicians including; Canadian rockers Treble Charger, 80’s rap icon and Grammy nominee Tone Lōc and Grammy winners Paul Brown (Luther Vandross), Liberty Silver, singer/songwriter Dan Hill, award winning guitarist Pavlo and The Tenors. Between 2010 and 2012, Curtis performed as a Paul McCartney, touring the world with Canada’s busiest Beatles export, The Beatlemaniacs.
- Wendy Irvine Lead Vocals | Backing Vocals | Keyboards | Percussion The passion that Wendy holds for music is undeniable, and she has devoted her entire life to making it her career as well as an outlet to express herself. A brilliant vocalist, Wendy has been performing professionally for 30 years throughout Canada, the United States and Europe. She has had the opportunity to record and perform with industry professionals such Dan Hill, Nick Blagona (Alexisonfire, Protest the Hero, Green Day), Matt Dusk, Russ Little and ‘La Jeunesse’ choir. She has done voice-over work for the video games ‘Sinbad’ and ‘The Wizard of Oz’, as well as musical theatre work including ‘The Adventures of Alice in Wonderland’, ‘The Sound of Music’, and ‘Annie’. Wendy has recorded numerous albums, performed with over 25 different bands, and commercially released her own music both as a solo artist and with the group Sixteen […]
- Madison Haste Dancer Madison Haste is a singer, dancer and actor from Toronto Ontario. A graduate from the Randolph Academy for the Performing Arts, her most recent roles include: the Fringe Festival as Pastor Pinch (A Glass Hive: AKA a Comedy of Errors) and Bird Girl (Seussical: the Musical). She also co-produced and performed in Serial Lovers which will debut at the Royal Theatre later this year.
- Kristian Balinov Drums | Percussion Kristian is a talented multi-instrumentalist with over 20 years of experience as a drummer / percussionist. He is a graduate of Metalworks Institute’s Music Performance & Technology program, where he expanded his knowledge of music production and now runs and operates the recording studio of Tisho’s Music Academy where he also teaches. He is the recording engineer, mixer and producer of Tisho’s and works with up and coming artists to write, arrange and produce albums and EP’s.
- Mike Conto Guitars | Backing Vocals Mike is a Toronto-based artist who finds himself involved in a wide palette of settings, both live and in the studio. His love for popular music forms has allowed him to enjoy the company of many wonderful artists and players. This has brought him all over North America and abroad performing with original artists and cover bands. Guitar is Mike’s main instrument but he continues to work professionally as a lead vocalist and bassist, running 3 of his own bands and playing in many others in the GTA. As a producer he continues to produce and write for artists that are attracted to Mike’s subtle but caring process. In 2013, Mike was fortunate to be hired to produce the award winning musical short film, “Sad Monster” by Kurt Dettbarn. The film won Best Super Short @ Comic Con, Best Short Film @ Atlanta Underground […]
- Kristina Bijelic Backing Vocals | Violin Kristina Bijelic is a multilingual, multi-genre vocalist who made her professional singing debut at age 12. Born and raised in Toronto, Canada, she graduated with honours from the University of Toronto with a bachelor’s degree in musicology, and later a master’s degree in Contemporary Performance from Berklee College of Music, Valencia Campus. Trained in classical voice and violin since childhood, Kristina has performed on stages across North America and Europe.
- Mark Christiano Lead Vocals | Backing Vocals | Guitars Mark is a singer/songwriter, who was born and raised in Montreal Canada. In 1985, he was signed by Epic Records and has become a prolific and powerful songwriter; writing a number of songs with famed Canadian lyricist, Pye Dubois, Rush, Max Webster, Kim Mitchell and most recently for Canadian Country Music Hall of Famer, the legendary Johnny Burke. A powerful vocalist and brilliant entertainer Mark has captivated audiences across the country. He currently lives in the paradise known as ‘cottage country’, north of Toronto Ontario.
- Haley Shannon Aerialist Haley has been a performer for 12 years. She’s been honored to have worked as an aerialist for companies such asCreativiva, Zero Gravity Circus, La Rouge Entertainment, Hit and Run Productions Inc, Les Coquettes Cabaret, Femmes Du Feu, The Harbourfront Center, The Sanderson Center, Dance Migration, Cirque Du Boudoir and Disney. Haley has been featured as an actress and vocalist at events such as The Toronto International Film Festival, SXSW (Austin, TX), Canadian Music Week (Toronto ON), The Joe Carter Charity Golf Tournament (Toronto ON), Embrace Productions (Montreal, QC) and NXNE (Toronto, ON) As an actress Haley has been a guest star on television shows such as Blue Mountain State (Spike TV&Netflix), Degrassi-The Next Generation (Epitome Pictures Netflix), Skins (MTV&Netflix) and Queer as Folk (Showtime & Netflix) Her feature film credits include prominent roles in Please Kill Mr. Know It All (Road Child Films & Statik Motion […]
- Davor Jordanovski Piano | Keyboards | Guitar | Bass | Harp | Accordion | Backing Vocals While still a student at the University of Music Arts (Saints Kiril & Metodij University, Skopje) in his native Macedonia, Davor was already the featured keyboard player with Macedonian National TV’s Big Band Orchestra, composing, arranging, and producing for some of the biggest and best known musical acts in the country. Davor’s beginnings were traditional: classical music, and later pop and jazz; until he broadened his experience and branched out into film, mood, jazz fusion, ambient, dance, groove, symphonic, contemporary jazz and R&B. In his 25 year-long career, Davor can safely say “he has done it all.” His performance and production credits include: Shania Twain, MTV Top 5 – World Chart Express’ single titled Red Rain – performed by Dani. Grand Prix (Best Song) at: Inter-Fest 1995, Inter-Fest 1996, Mak-Fest 1999, Mak-Fest 2001, Mak-Fest […]
- Debbie Wilson Choreographer Debbie Wilson is an independent artist who has worked in Canada since 1980. She began her professional career at the age of 12 with the Cincinnati Ballet Company, where she became a soloist performer and rehearsal assistant. She was the rehearsal mistress/dancer for The American Dance Machine, Les Ballets Jazz de Montréal, Howard Richard & Dancers, and Ballet Jörgen. She also worked for the Judith Marcuse Repertory Dance Company, the Randy Glynn Dance Project and many independent choreographers across Canada and the United States. As a choreographer, she created a repertoire of critically acclaimed productions including Aphrodite Unveiled, Raphael is whispering, and Homo Office Sapiensis, which in 2002 received a Dora Mavor Moore nomination for Outstanding New Choreography. Through her international collaborative works like Planetarium (with Macedonia) and Diary of an Exile (with Trinidad and Tobago) she has introduced exceptional foreign artists in dance, music, and art […]